Updated May 2018.
This page describes our cookies policy for www.rointe.co.uk (known as “site” for the remainder of this policy). If you do not accept this Cookies Policy please do not use this site.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the site (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the site). Session cookies help our sites remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our site. For example, if you tick the ‘Remember my ID’ box, a persistent cookie will be used so that the site remembers your choice the next time you use it. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor but don’t contain information that could be used to identify you to another person.
Cookies also have, broadly speaking, four different functions and can be categorised as follow:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential to navigate around the site and use its features. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to use basic services like registration or shopping baskets. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
Examples of how we use ‘strictly necessary’ cookies include:
Setting unique identifiers for each unique visitor, so site numbers can be analysed.
Allowing you to sign in to www.rointe.co.uk site as a registered user.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous data for statistical purposes on how visitors use the site, they don’t contain personal information, and are used to improve your user experience of our site. Information supplied by performance cookies helps us to understand how you use our site; for example, whether or not you have visited before, what you looked at or clicked on and how you found us. We can then use this data to help improve our services. We generally use independent analytics companies to perform these services for us and when this is the case, these cookies may be set by a third party company (third-party cookies).
Here are some examples of how we use performance cookies:
Gathering data about visits to the site, including numbers of visitors and visits, length of time spent on the site, pages clicked on or where visitors have come from.
- Functionality cookies allow users to customise how a site looks for them: they can remember usernames, language preferences and regions, and can be used to provide more personal services like local weather reports and traffic news.
Here are some examples of how we use functionality cookies:
Storing your user preferences on Your Account page
Remembering if you’ve been to the site before so that messages intended for first-time users are not displayed to you.
- Advertising and Targeting cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you, but can also limit the number of times you see an advertisement and be used to chart the effectiveness of an ad campaign by tracking users’ clicks. They can also provide security in transactions. They are usually placed by third-party advertising networks with a website operator’s permission but can be placed by the operator themselves. They can remember that you have visited a website, and this information can be shared with other organisations, including other advertisers. They cannot determine who you are though, as the data collected is never linked to your profile. We do not currently use Advertising and Targeting cookies.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies and many websites will not work properly or you will lose some functionality. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our site for these reasons.
Cookies will not harm your computer or device and we do not store personally identifiable information in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information from them to improve your experience of our site. If you prefer to restrict or block cookies from our site, you can use your browser to do this. Check the Help or Settings of your browser to learn how to change cookies.
When you are using this site, you may notice that there is content from other websites, such as Google maps or YouTube videos. We may also provide you with the opportunity to share information with others using social networks such as Facebook. We add this content from time to time to give a better user experience. As a result, you may be sent cookies from these other websites. We do not control these cookies and we suggest you check these third-party websites for more information about the cookies they use and how you can manage them.
If you wish to learn more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
By continuing to use our site, you agree to the placement of cookies on your device. If you choose not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience will be as fulfilling as it would otherwise be.